CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, September 13, 2009

Meet Shane

Meet Shane...



Shane is a boy that moved in to the trailer next to our work. He came with his parents from Rock Springs. He had been at their new house for about three weeks when my dad witnessed his father kicking him in the stomach as hard as he could and smacking him in the head while he was laying down on the ground. His dad was mad at him because he got dirty in the mud. This is a picture of him the day after it happened July 16th 2009. He had a large cut over his eye and several smaller cuts on his forhead. I am sure that his stomach was bruised a lot. We talked to the cops about it and they went to his home and checked on him. His parents told the cops that he has had a stroke and that he was riding is bike on the grass and fell off and hurt himself. So nothing was done to protect him. After that he was gone for three weeks and we never saw him again before moving jobs.



I think about him often and wonder why he we placed in my life path. If anything he is a reminder to me that my life is great, that I am truley blessed to be born in the family that I was. He reminds me to love my son a little more and to not be upset over the little things. If we do choose our trials before we come to this earth what an amazing spirit this young boy has.

1 comments:

Jared & Courtney Jackson said...

Poor kid! I wish the cops would have investigated a little more...This breaks my heart!